Staff Reporter and Writer
We’re looking for an innovative digital journalist to be a part of our growing Wealth Management group.
Are you a quick learner, strong reporter and concise writer? Want to discover and track the stories inside the wealth management industry, including the latest news and trends around Wall Street brokerages, the rapidly evolving independent advisory firms, fintech, regulators and asset managers? Join a fun team to work with news, commentary and proprietary industry research, as our site delivers in-depth reporting, features and analysis.
- Reports and writes original, compelling and insightful news articles with context and a forward spin that will get the attention of the broad wealth management community. Looking for someone able to do both deeply reported long form articles, as well as shorter data-driven posts.
- Helps aggregate and curate news, research, videos, podcasts, blogs, infographics and event content for Wealthmanagement.com.
- Engages with users on our sites, through social media and on multiple platforms.
- Quality assurance of all content personally created - including adherence to style guide, optimization and community best practices.
- Travel to industry events.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years of business journalism experience; some familiarity with financial services industry is preferred, but not necessary.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the Wealth Management and Penton-wide teams to support projects and achieve goals.
- Proven expertise as a dogged reporter, graceful writer and innovative content producer. Experience working with expert networks a plus.
- Adept at social media.
- Industry knowledge and connections helpful, but not required.
- Comfortable with data and an ability to craft it into compelling and original digital content.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic organization, we would enjoy speaking with you about the opportunities available to join our team.