Digital Content/ Video Content Producer
New Hope Network seeks a web maestro who has a penchant for digital content creation and promotion in its many forms, from traditional reporting and writing to using creative story formats and video to social sharing. The website content creator/producer joins a B2B web team that strives to produce the highest-quality, most engaging and sharable web content that inspires and informs the natural products industry.
This position joins a team that is responsible for all web-related content creation, editing, management and distribution. A focus of this position will be to write, package and promote conference video recordings from New Hope’s Natural Products Expo East and Expo West trade shows and other conferences. This will entail basic editing of conference videos, writing compelling and informative articles and video descriptions, and organizing this content so it is easy to find and consume on newhope.com.
The right candidate will bring the following characteristics:
- Demonstrated writing skills.
- The ability to create, edit, package and promote engaging digital content.
- Experience engaging and growing web audiences.
- Video editing skills, including use of Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC, Quicktime, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Photoshop knowledge.
- Experience with social media creation and management.
- Comfort working with a digital content management system (CMS).
- Strong communication skills.
- The confidence to execute independently when needed.
- Proactive problem solving skills and a willingness to “figure it out.”
- A positive attitude.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below.
- Creates and produces weekly content (news analysis, gallery, video, blog post, etc.) for newhope.com.
- Publishes, copy edits and digitally optimizes new content for newhope.com, using a web publishing CMS.
- Chooses relevant art, related articles, related links, related media and digital calls to action for each new piece of content.
- Edits conference videos for flow/clarity (breaking up longer conference session videos, as appropriate).
- Writes and produces social media posts and newsletters.
- Coordinates with content team digital producers to promote videos in newsletters, social etc.
- Working closely with New Hope’s audience engagement team, uses Omniture and other traffic tracking data to inform and shape content plans.
- Helps manage newhope.com’s social media sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Works with Penton technology team to stay up on latest CMS functionality and determine best ways to utilize new functionality from a content standpoint.
- Attends Natural Products Expos.
- Travels to other industry events, as needed.
- Participates in weekly editorial meetings, bringing news and content ideas.
- Takes on special projects as requested.
- Serves as a representative of New Hope at public events and press trips.
- Works with industry representatives, freelancers and other editors to promote newhope.com and New Hope Network’s publications and brands.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BA), preferably in English, journalism, communications or digital media, from a four-year college or university.
- At least one year working in a newsroom, B2B media or for a content-focused website.