US Account Manager - Sales
Do you want to be part of the world’s hottest industry?
The automotive industry is undergoing a digital transformation. Enabled by connectivity, vehicles are becoming complex, service-rich mobile devices. New mobility models are transforming the car into a personalized, on-demand service and self-driving cars are set to change the world.
This is where TU-Automotive comes in. For the past 15 years we have been the world’s leading provider of B2B events, reports and analysis for community at the heart of this automotive revolution.
In 2016 we have a global portfolio of 17 conferences & exhibitions across, US, Europe, Japan and South America. The successful candidate will be responsible for building strong relationships with automotive software, tech and service providers who want to utilize TU-Automotive as a business development platform where they share ideas, build partnerships and demonstrate industry leadership.
What you’ll do:
- Makes daily sales calls, sells including cold calls within a geographic territory or other defined territory, selling integrated packages (one or all of the following: exhibits, sponsorships, advertising, data/subscriptions).
- Sell consultatively/strategically and make recommendations to prospects and current clients of the various solutions offered.
- Provide prospects and current clients with price quotations and insure there is a full understanding of the parameters of the program.
- Develops and maintain a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, direct mail, email, and networking.
- Assist in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
- Maintain contact with all clients to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Understands and supports sales policies and procedures to provide proper and effective treatment to all clients.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities.
- Attends networking industry events such as tradeshows, seminars and conferences.
- Proactively establishes and maintains effective working team relationships with all internal support departments.
- May manage a team dedicated to inside sales.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; at least 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience managing a team (if applicable).
- Proven track record in closing sales thru business development, winning new business practices and achieving overall revenue goals.
- Superior business and negotiation skills.
- Strong computer skills to include MS Office Suite and CRM software required, Salesforce experience preferred.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills including presentation skills required.
- Selling experience in digital preferred, to include mobile and tablet sales.
- Required travel to company exhibitions & conferences, clients and competitive events and conferences.
- Selling experience in a multi-platform environment a plus.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic organization, we would enjoy speaking with you about the opportunities available to join our team.