Farm Press Content Director
Western Farm Press is seeking a new Editor to cover the California and Arizona region. The ideal candidate will be located in the region for most efficient coverage. This person will be home-based but work closely with the Farm Press senior content director and the rest of the Farm Press team.
Key responsibilities,which are posted online, for this position include covering Western agriculture, working with local experts on key topics important to our farmer-readers and using enterprise reporting techniques to unearth topics and stories for our readers.
This position also requires solid writing skills (please provide at least three samples of your most recent work), comfort using a camera, and an understanding of the role of social media in engaging the reader.
- Creating content for use in daily e-newsletters, social media and print.
- Managing freelance contributors for this market both editing content and assigning stories as needed.
- Planning print issues, developing future story ideas and working with state and regional experts to cover the most important topics in the region.
- Collaborating with other Farm Press team members as needed to cover key topics for the region.
- Edit content from freelancers for print and digital.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English or related discipline from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of business writing and editorial experience required, preferably in B2B media and within the nutrition and natural products industry.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, Outlook, Alfresco CTM software or equivalent. PhotoShop skills are a plus.
- People management experience.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and able to meet demanding deadlines.