Responsibility for overseeing all Design & Manufacturing events strategy, operations and execution of Design & Manufacturing events
- Create and manage the events project management schedule. Work directly with multiple team members to ensure deadlines are being met.
- Work with the VP & Market Leader, Content Director and other internal colleagues to develop an events strategic plan to grow the conference and expo attendees
- Seek out new conference partners for co-located events and mutually beneficial agreements that increase event exposure and drive attendance. Weekly interactions with the partners to ensure agreements are being met.
- Create and manage budget for events and manage all resources to ensure that operations are managed within approved budgets
- Responsible for researching “hot topics” for group conferences and identifying the key presenters in those fields. Working directly with the editorial team on keynote speaker acquisition.
- Researching local manufacturing plants for plant tours for our Manufacturing & Technology and Safety Leadership Conference. Identifying the “best of the best” in the area and working with plants to create a good experience for attendees.
- Drive new sponsorship programs that give clients a unique opportunity to showcase their company.
- Work directly with the sponsorship/expo sales team to create event presentations material and assist on clients calls.
- Interact with marketing team to strategize on the best marketing tactics to drive awareness, attendees and revenue.
- Working with web development team to create and maintain conference websites.
- Working closely with Program Manager to provide marketing materials for conference partners, sponsors, exhibitors. Make sure all items within sponsorship packages are being fulfilled.
- Assist in revamping and growing the Best Plants Awards program to increase applications from Fortune 500/1000 companies. Responsible for seeking out future awards partners.
- Work with editorial team to handle logistics of the awards finalist and winners
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
5-10 years of event planning/management/budget management experience
- Expo or Tradeshow knowledge a must
- Excellent communicator, with proven ability to clearly convey ideas and data in written and verbal form.
- Exceptional organization skills with the ability to run multiple projects and meet deadlines
- 15% Travel required to group and competitive events