Systems Engineer / Administrator
Our Overland Park, KS office is seeking a Systems Engineer or Administrator to join our IT team. The team of six system engineers is responsible for all systems and infrastructure including Network, HP Servers, VMware, Windows Servers, MS SQL, Phones, Exchange, Lync and more. One of the exciting aspects of this position is that there are no silos in the team, each engineer has their primary responsibilities but they are all able to learn and support any of the other skills.
Position Summary: Possess significant technical knowledge in the listed technology. The position will support at least two IT disciplines. Disciplines include but are not limited to: Windows Server 2008/12 R2, Cisco Router and Switch configuration, MS Unified Messaging, MS Lync, MS IIS configuration, and Exchange administration. Some troubleshooting skills across disciplines is required. In addition but not limited to the following specific responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining assigned responsibilities related to the Data Center. Responsible for Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Group Policy tasks.
- Know how to utilize Windows Patch Management, Desktop Updates, and Anti-virus tools.
- Responsible for troubleshooting of system problems and system support.
- Specific product knowledge is a plus: Active Directory 2008, Windows Server 2008/2008 R2/2012, IIS 6 & 7, WSUS 3, Exchange 2010/2013, SQL 2005/2008, VMware ESXi, MS unified messaging, and Lync 2010/2013
- Maintain day to day operations of 350 Windows based servers.
- Preform upgrades on multiple systems.
- Participate in operations projects including acquisitions.
- Maintain and improve the backup systems.
- Work on continuous improvement of processes and systems related to IT.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and work with developers.
- Work with the help desk to improve their related skills.
- Provides level 2 and 3 technical support for issues escalated from the help desk.
- Upgrades network hardware and software components as required.
- Provides 7x24 on-call support as needed. Be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed when providing this support.
What Makes Penton Different?
- Excellent benefits with multiple options for healthcare, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and much more.
- Work/Life balance with flexible work hours and plenty of time off.
- Casual work environment.
- Corporate discounts from mobile devices and plans to new vehicles thru Ford’s “X-plan”.
- Great location offering less than a 25 minute commute for most of Kansas City and Overland Park residents, near 95th and Metcalf.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic organization, we would enjoy speaking with you about the opportunities available to join our team. EOE