The Goal of the Sponsorship Coordinator position is to lead and execute the sponsorship and marketing opportunities for a defined set of exhibitions and conferences in a manner that will drive the efficiency and growth of the products. This position nurtures sponsor relationships as well as assists in sustaining and increasing profitability via the orchestration and execution of opportunities.
Participate in an engaged and empowered team:
- Collaborate on long and short term goals for the team to support company, department and market vision.
- Manage communications between operations, sales, and other relevant show teams regarding sponsorship and marketing opportunities and challenges; and tracking against timelines and show requirements.
- Be an active participant in the Exhibition & Conference industry through continued education, association involvement and/or community contribution.
- Develop an understanding of the markets we serve, specifically the Global Health & Nutrition Industry, and deliver opportunities in line with these communities and client’s needs.
Manage operations for optimal results:
- Create and implement sponsorship and marketing opportunities at multiple exhibitions and conferences which capitalize on existing show features as well as incremental ones.
- Serve as a “project manager” across operations, technology, marketing, conference, and other internal teams to ensure the fulfillment and execution of sponsorship and marketing contracts.
- Work with vendors to determine pricing of existing and future sponsorship assets and deliverables; then communicate pricing to show teams to facilitate accurate valuation and pricing of opportunities.
- Control opportunity expenses while maintaining the best possible presentation and service.
Deliver consistently high performing products and services:
- Appropriately manage client’s expectations while providing a high level of customer service in order to ensure client happiness and encourage future sponsor sales.
- Meet defined timelines set out by Sponsorship Manager, various internal teams, vendors, and other show partners in order to fulfill contracted opportunities on show site.
- Identify places organically and within existing sponsorship and marketing opportunities to increase show revenue and profit growth; and value for clients.
- Collaborate on the development of show policies and initiatives to further increase the success of sponsorship and marketing sales.
Develop relationships that facilitate achievement of client objectives:
- Develop relationships with internal team, vendors, show partners, and clients that support effective communication and exceptional results.
- Provide input for RFPs that addresses the unique needs of each event, i.e. costs, market need, program flow etc.
- Communicate contract obligations and inclusions to appropriate groups involved.
- Work as an interface to ensure show is professional and that onsite challenges are invisible to (most) internal and external customers.
- Travel as requested to conferences, clients, vendors, tradeshows, etc.
- Provide consistent, timely reporting of projects and meet identified deadlines.
- Use identified software and tools for record keeping and event management
- Responsible for completing invoices, check requests, paperwork, database updates, etc. within 48 hours.
- Responsible for following procedures, timelines & deadlines for projects as indicated.
- Assist in promoting all Informa products (in-print, in-person, & online) and providing these leads to appropriate divisions.
- Participate in applicable meetings. If not in attendance, accountable for learning about meeting discussions and moving forward action items.
- Encourage and demonstrate a positive and “can-do” attitude at work.
- Consistently interact with clients with the utmost professionalism and respect at all times.
- Integrate green/sustainable practices into work environment and events.
- Work within vision and core values of Informa
- Demonstrate an ability to act on behalf of the Global Exhibitions division with appropriate intuition.