Informa is one of the world’s leading knowledge providers. We create and deliver highly specialized information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organisations worldwide.
The Global Exhibitions Division organizes transaction-oriented Exhibitions and trade shows, which provide buyers and sellers across different industries and communities with a powerful platform to meet face to face, build relationships and conduct business. Informa has a portfolio of over 150 Exhibitions, serving a number of core verticals, including Health & Nutrition, Beauty, Property & Construction and Pop Culture.
The Marketing Manager works with the Senior Marketing Manager to fulfill the following responsibilities across multiple event brands:
• Create, manage, develop, and produce attendee and exhibitor promotional collateral including:
• Develop themes, ideas, concepts and schedules
• Develop content copy and support materials
• Manage production with graphics firm to establish design and content, proofing each stage
• Coordinate details with printer
• Follow up with metrics on effectiveness of campaigns, then modify future plans accordingly
• Develop and manage exhibitor and attendee marketing plan including:
• Strategically plan overall promotion objectives
• Determine points of distribution and quantities
• Create and manage budget
• Manage public relations activities including:
• Work with PR firm to implement PR strategy for event
• Negotiate and manage advertising space with key industry publications
• Manage press partnerships to receive maximum editorial coverage
• Write press releases and coordinate distribution of releases and overall industry promotion
• Develop press kits that can be distributed efficiently to industry publications
• Cultivate blogger relationships and partnerships including:
• Research related industry blogs and influencers
• Develop blog partnerships to negotiate cross-exposure for the event and blogs
• Manage relationships with blog partnerships to receive maximum exposure
• Write blog posts and coordinate distribution of blog posts on event blog and external outlets
• Manage development and production of printed marketing collateral pieces including:
• Determine overall format and design, including front of book materials
• Work with print vendor to quote, print, produce, and fulfill projects (some projects direct mail)
• Establish and maintain exhibitor listings and logo information
• Coordinate production with sales to full sponsorships and partner fulfillment
• Coordinate shipping / delivery
• Developing and maintaining the online registration:
• Work with external vendor and internal registration team to build registration websites
• Develop and update content as needed ensuring information is accurate and timely throughout
• Develop and distribute production schedules to team and regularly gather team’s updates
• Developing and maintaining the website including:
• Develop and update content as needed ensuring information is accurate and timely
• Determine overall design and layouts
• Regularly gather team’s input for changes and updates
• Complete updates and/or work with Marketing Coordinator to fulfill updates
• Providing direction and creating e-mail blasts:
• Create copy
• Understand e-mail marketing system and how to effectively use it to send and track messages
• Develop dynamic messages that cater to main demographic audiences for a more targeted approach
• Develop and coordinate distribution of post-show surveys
• Understand and implement email campaigns within the email management system and/or sometimes work with Marketing Coordinator to fulfill email campaigns
• Position guides and assists team’s Marketing Coordinator to:
• Develop and run social media strategies
• Fulfill blogs posts
• Build email campaigns
• Complete web updates
• Complete check requests
• Implement projects
• Complete research
• Train, guide, and assist in Marketing Coordinator’s growth, experience, and overall learning
Function as integral part of overall show management effort in performing additional duties as required.
Travel, as required.
• Three to five year’s experience in marketing and working with graphics and printing suppliers.
• Ability to develop and manage budgets and multiple project timelines.
• High level of proficiency in the use of standard computer software including Word and Excel spreadsheets.
• Project oriented with superior attention to detail and outstanding organizational and prioritization skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong team player who interacts well with external clients, vendors, media, and internal teams.
• Graphics experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign – a plus
• Experience with Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target, Eloqua, HTML – a plus