Laboratory Director (Full Time- Days)
Come Join Our Winning Team! Alverno is one of the largest integrated laboratory networks serving hospitals in the Midwest region. Alverno's innovative, state of the art laboratory is the only free-standing, local reference lab in our service area. Our network includes 26 hospitals and multiple physician offices. We are a full service; community based medical laboratory performing over 750 different tests in both clinical and anatomic pathology to partner hospitals and outreach clients. Alverno offers the convenience and customer service of a local laboratory with the sophistication of a large reference laboratory. Established in Hammond, Indiana, Alverno is a joint venture of Franciscan Alliance and Presence Health.
This individual is responsible for the day to day operations of the Clinical Laboratories at a site that has less than 80 FTEs with off site billable business. The oversight will recognize the differences of the large site with the offsite billable business with a strong emphasis on standardizing the operations at both sites. The duties will include but will not be limited to strategic planning, hospital and laboratory budgets, patient and employee satisfaction, regulatory inspections of the hospital/laboratory and quality initiatives of the laboratory.
Qualifications defined by CLIA (42CFR493.1461): One of the following qualifications must be met.
1. Have a bachelorÕs degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science, or medical technology from an accredited institution and have one year of laboratory training or experience, or both, in high complexity testing.
2. Qualify under 42CFR493.1489 (b) (2). Have earned an associates degree in a laboratory science, or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution or have equivalent education and training as defined in 42CFR493.1489 (b) (2) and have at last 2 years of laboratory training or experience, or both in high complexity testing: or have previously qualified as a general supervisor under section 493.1462 on or before February 28, 1992 with exceptions as stated in 42CFR493.1461 (3) (ii).
3. On or before September 1, 1992, have served as a general supervisor of high complexity testing and as of April 24, 1995 met the qualifications defined by CLIA 493.1461(4). Be qualified as a Technician with a high school diploma and successful completion of a HHS or approved military clinical lab training program, plus have 2 additional years of lab training or experience, or both, in high complexity, testing either before or after completing the training program.
4. On or before September 1, 1992, have served as a general supervisor of high complexity testing and met the qualifications defined by CLIA 493.1461 (5). Be qualified as a Technician with high school diploma and serving as technical supervisor for high complexity testing on or before 9/1/02. This individual must also have 10 years of lab training or experience, or both, in high complexity testing, including at least 6 years of supervisory experience between 9/1/82 and 9/1/92.
5. Qualifies as a general supervisor before February 28, 1992 under CLIA 493.1462.
6. Successfully achieved a satisfactory grade in a proficiency examination approved by the HHS (HEW exam). Other experience required: A. Training and relevant experience in high complexity testing of Immunology, Chemistry, Hematology and Microbiology. Masters in Health or Business Administration preferred. Eight years relevant experience including at least three years of supervisory/management experience of multiple laboratory sections required. B. When supervising the technical operations of the transfusion service the person must have education or experience equivalent to an associateÕs degree (or beyond) in a chemical, physical or biological science or medical technology and at least 4 years experience, one of which is in transfusion medicine, under a qualified laboratory director.