Licensed Veterinary Technician (Emergency) - Pilchuck Veterinary Hospital
$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS!!!
Pilchuck Animal Hospital is hiring a Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our Small Animal Emergency team!
We are looking for a Licensed Veterinary Technician with exceptional personality and communication skills to join our Small Animal Emergency team. Candidates must currently have or be able to obtain a WA Veterinary Technician license.
- is outgoing and friendly
- possesses excellent communication skills
- has veterinary experience, although new graduates will be considered
- is willing to work the advertised schedule and holidays.
- Is a Licensed Veterinary Technician
Why work at Pilchuck Veterinary Hospital?
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic environment? Are you looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals? Then Pilchuck Veterinary Hospital is the place for you!
We are a 24-hour general and emergency service small animal practice in Snohomish, WA. Our general practice nurses are responsible for the care and treatment of a wide variety of patients from the healthy spay to the critically ill patient.
We invest heavily in our employees' long-term growth and happiness. We offer a wonderful benefits package including:
- Paid Time Off
- Health Benefits
- Vision and Dental insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Pet Insurance discount
- Generous Veterinary pet benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings
- Continuing education
Our technicians are responsible for the care and treatment of unstable and or critically ill patients, triaging emergency patients, monitoring hospitalized patients, performing patient laboratory tests, treatments and nursing care, admitting and discharging patients, client communication and education, and answering technician calls. Some shifts entail working swing shifts.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of basic veterinary practices, procedures, and terminology
- Ability to appropriately handle, lift and restrain animals (dogs, cats, pocket pets, etc.) and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform veterinary medical procedures (i.e. venipuncture, radiology, IV catheter placement, drug calculations, administer medications & fluids, and assess & triage patients).
- Have basic organizational and computer skills as well as good technician skills.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
Apply Today! We look forward to hearing from you!