Veterinary Assistant - The Animal Clinic of Los Alamos
The Animal Clinic of Los Alamos is now hiring a Full Time Veterinary Assistant to join our growing team!
We are a busy 4-Doctor Clinic looking for a Customer Service Representative. We looking for someone who is friendly, empathetic, and professional. Reliability and honesty are highly important. As a customer service representative you will be instrumental in overseeing the client experience. Must be someone who loves animals and is outgoing. Flexibility is crucial!
The Veterinary Assistant uses sound judgment and maintains high standards of patient care. This person communicates clearly with the veterinarians, other hospital personnel, and clients to ensure that patients receive the care they need. Veterinary assistants are friendly and flexible in the face of varying expectations from clients and coworkers. They multi-task, prioritize tasks well, and think creatively. A veterinary assistant must strongly believe in the quality of care provided and communicate this sense of assurance to clients. The assistant must provide care and comfort by keeping the hospital and clinic clean and presentable.
- Provide concerned and compassionate patient care
- Provide safe and effective patient restraint
- Assist veterinarians and technicians in surgery and dentistry
- Walks, cleans, and feeds patients
- Assists with patient admits and releases as needed
- Maintains knowledge of drugs and their uses
- Assists with lab tests as needed
- Completes medical records accurately and efficiently
- Keeps hospital and clinic area clean and stocked
- Removes trash from hospital, and sweeps and mops floors daily
- Utilizes in house inventory control procedures to ensure items are stocked appropriately
- Ability to properly restrain patients
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in the time allotted without direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to show empathy toward clients and treat animals with respect and compassion
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- A commitment to outstanding client service
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to stay on task and work energetically for entire shifts, sometimes exceeding 10 hours per day
Our benefits package is the best in the industry and includes health, dental, vision, life, 401k as well as paid time off and pet benefits.Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.