Maintenance Technician -Saint Francis Veterinary Specialists
Fantastic opportunity at Saint Francis Veterinary Specialists for a full time Maintenance Technician
Custodians perform routine maintenance of building and grounds with assurance that a clean and safe environment is achieved and ensuring the Hospital Sanitary Requirements are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Ability to work at a consistent, steady and quick pace.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, dusts and vacuums designated areas of facility.
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Maintains building, performing minor repairs and routine painting and other tasks as assigned. Examples include, but not limited to the following: furniture repair, changing light bulbs/fixtures, minor repairs to playground equipment and etc.
- Room set-up for meetings, as requested.
- Assist with deliveries; unloading and distributing supplies or equipment as needed.
- Responds to custodial/maintenance emergencies at assigned site, as necessary.
- Removes snow and ice and debris from sidewalks.
- Follows hospital procedures with regard to ordering and using cleaning supplies.
- Replaces and/or cleans various air conditioning filters or other filters where needed.
- Notifies appropriate management concerning needs for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating and ventilating equipment.
- Minor landscape and cultivates flowers, as assigned.
- Follows agency procedures with regard to cleaning schedules and supplies, and all custodial/maintenance related procedures.
- Assist with safety and maintenance assessments and completion of periodic checklists.
- Performs minor maintenance duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Applicants must meet the following basic essential job qualifications for consideration for Custodian :
- At least 18 years of age
- Fluent in English with a High school Diploma or GED.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, able to utilize email .
- Reliable transportation to/from work
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needs require
- Abilities to climb or balance: stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We offer an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and pet discounts!