Experienced Veterinary Assistant
Pilchuck Animal Hospital is looking for a Veterinary Assistant with 2 or more years of ER experience to join our Small Animal Emergency team!
We currently have a position available for Wednesday day shift, Thursday-Saturday swing shift.
We are looking for a Veterinary Assistant with more than 2 years of ER experience. We are seeking someone with an exceptional personality and communication skills to join our Small Animal ER team at Pilchuck Veterinary Hospital. This is a full-time position and qualifies for shift differential above your hourly wage.
Our technicians are responsible for the care and treatment of unstable and or critically ill patients, triaging emergency patients, monitoring hospitalized patients, performing patient laboratory tests, treatments and nursing care, admitting and discharging patients, client communication and education, and answering technician calls. Some shifts entail working swing shifts.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with critical care, and ICU nursing.
- Knowledge of basic veterinary practices, procedures, and terminology
- Ability to appropriately handle, lift and restrain animals (dogs, cats, pocket pets, etc.) and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform veterinary medical procedures (i.e. venipuncture, radiology, IV catheter placement, drug calculations, administer medications & fluids, and assess & triage patients).
- Have basic organizational and computer skills as well as good technician skills.
- Must have recent experience in veterinary practice with increasing responsibilities
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply for this wonderful opportunity. We are an equal opportunity employer, with many opportunities for growth and development for each employee.
We invest heavily in our employees' long-term growth and happiness. We offer a wonderful benefits package including:
- 2 weeks paid time off
- 90% of health care premium covered
- Flexible spending account for dependent care costs
- Vision and Dental insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability plan options (buy-up)
- Critical Illness, Accident and Cancer benefits (buy-up)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal assistance through LegalShield (buy-up)
- Pet Insurance discount through Trupanion
- Generous Veterinary pet discount at all Pathway Vet Alliance hospitals
- 401(k) retirement savings
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!