Emergency Veterinarian - Prescott Area Pet Emergency Hospital
What Prescott Area Pet Emergency Hospital, a Pathway Vet Alliance Hospital, has:
- a fast-paced and growing emergency animal hospital in Northern Arizona.
- a phenomenal team of aces who work as a unit, all helping one-another with anything and everything necessary to care for our incredible patients and their amazing pet parents.
- an open mind for new ideas and methodologies.
- the greatest climate in the country. Four gorgeous (mild) seasons; snow, sun, rain, and fall colors. Yes, in the Arizona Mountains!
- Come work with us and you will not only love where you live, but love where you work!
A day in the life of our Emergency Veterinarian:
- Meet with veterinarian coming off shift and complete patient rounds on the best patients
- Offer support, advice and training to one, or a few, of our marvelous team members
- Complete communications with client’s and area referring veterinarians
- Provide input to our Technician Supervisors for team meeting topics. Our meetings are interactive, fun and super important to our culture and growth, we believe you can make them even better!
- Direct your team to prepare treatment plans per your orders. Review completed medical records, and ensure records are complete at release of patient. Sounds fun, right?!
- Recognize a team member's super performance (we like public praise - handwritten notes are great too!)
- Enjoy your opportunity to interact with our clients and focus on them and their four-legged fur baby
This is just a glimpse of what your day could look like with us... what are you waiting for?!
This Job might be for you if:
- you enjoy challenges and opportunities to improve quality and function of work. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding outside the box solutions. You don't get frustrated easily. If you don't know the answer, you'll dig until you find it.
- you like helping people. You get a kick out of seeing members of your team having those AHA You are patient, level-headed and are cool under pressure. You stay focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- you think on your feet. You like learning new things and you can learn quickly. When things change you know how to roll with the punches.
- you are motivated and driven.
- high regard for attention to detail.
What the ideal candidate will offer:
- experience working with emergency veterinary teams. Make sure we can see where you picked up your emergency veterinarian super powers somewhere in your resume or cover letter. Make sure your passion for learning, growth and development, in this incredible field, are also included somewhere in your resume or cover letter.
- a passion for being a team player and flexing your veterinary muscles along with wearing your leadership hat.
- a committed learner and teacher, ready to work our most challenging shifts.
- experience in general surgery and in emergency practice. Special interests should be emphasized.
- current DVM with ability to obtain Arizona license within 2 months of hire.
We look forward to hearing from you!