New Hope Animal Hospital is hiring a Veterinary Assistant to join our team!
New Hope Animal Hospital is a small animal hospital located in the beautiful town of Rogers, Arkansas. We are nestled in the best part of the Ozarks and enjoy a wonderful quality of life. Our hospital has been around for almost 30 years. We have been AAHA Accredited for over 25 years and our full team is Fear Free Certified.
Our Veterinary Assistants are responsible for performing a variety of healthcare duties to increase efficiency while focusing on patient care and client care.
- Provide compassionate patient care, with attention to detail, including keeping patients clean, dry, and comfortable and alerting the doctor to changes in patients condition
- Recognize patients with a contagious disease and follow our guidelines for infection prevention control
- Provide safe and effective patient restraint
- Ability to medicate patients
- Ability to collect lab samples (blood, urine, cytology), and run appropriate tests (skin and ear cytology, fecal float and smear, urinalysis, manual platelet count)
- Ability to place IV catheters and maintain appropriate fluid therapy
- Pharmacology - familiar with drugs and their uses and ability to calculate drug dosages and fill prescriptions accurately
- Radiology – Use proper technique and positioning
- Surgery/Anesthesia/Dentistry – the ability to monitor anesthesia and assist doctor as assigned
- Communicate and educate clients on pet’s health needs
- Perform basic emergency care, CPR, and intensive care as needed
- Efficiently manage the appointment schedule, making sure that the patient and client’s needs are met, and provide follow up communications
We promote an emotionally intelligent work environment and a positive work/life balance. We invest heavily in our employees with many opportunities for growth and development! We offer an industry-leading benefits package!