Overnight ER Veterinary Technician
$1500 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR CVT
$750 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR NON-CVTElk Grove Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Hospital is looking for a CVT or Experienced Veterinary Technician to join our team!
At Elk Grove, we pride ourselves on offering a comfortable, friendly and respectful work environment. We operate in parallel with our core values and hold each other accountable. We celebrate birthdays, pregnancies, milestones, and major life accomplishments! We invest in our technical support staff and offer professional growth and development options for all levels of technicians/assistants.
Responsibilities and Duties:
ER/ICU technicians play a vital role in the quality and ability to provide excellent patient care. Technicians monitor hospitalized pets, assist in taking radiographs and emergency scope procedures, prepare prescriptions, perform routine in-house lab work, educate clients regarding veterinary care and procedures, and assist with surgical procedures. We practice a high level of triaging within the hospital, and our technicians are responsible for maintaining a smooth flow throughout the ER. Our technicians communicate heavily with each other and the receptionist to provide a clear understanding of day to day operations and patient flow.
Qualifications and Skills:
- CVT preferred but not required.
- A strong knowledge base of medical treatments including but not limited to; CRI setup/maintenance, NG tubes, central line placement, glucose curves, post-surgical care, oxygen-dependent patients, blocked cats, etc
- Proficiency and high level of confidence assisting with procedures including foreign bodies, pyometra, c-section, GDV, splenectomy.
- Anesthesia experience required.
- Accurately performs routine, in-house laboratory procedures. collects, prepares, and handles specimens according to hospital protocols.
- Ability to articulate professional veterinary verbiage while maintaining a medical record
- Exercise a high level of communication with clients and referral partners
- Provide compassionate patient care.
- Understands basic emergency care including CPR
- Self-starter with a get-up and go attitude
This position is full-time (36-40 hours), working primarily overnight shifts (7 pm-7 am) with the flexibility to work swing shifts (12 pm-12am) and weekends/holidays.
Pathway offers competitive benefits not only for you but for your pets too! Full-time employees are eligible for BlueCross BlueShield medical/vision/dental, 401k, FMLA, STD, 8 week paid parental leave and PTO/sick time. We also honor 6 paid holidays which are paid at a rate of 2.5x regular shift for those who work a holiday shift.
We offer an industry-leading benefits package! Apply Today!