Wignall Animal Hospital is now hiring a Full Time Kennel Technician to join their AMAZING team!
The ideal candidate:
- works well independently as well as on a team
- has strong communication & leadership skills
- is hard working and reliable
- is physically able to perform all duties associated with this position
Kennel Technicians provide care and comfort to dogs and cats in our boarding and daycare facilities. They work directly with animals in care of the hospital including special play programs and daycare, as well as boarding, dog training and grooming. Experience handling dogs and cats preferred; coursework in animal care/behavior highly recommended. Additional training provided. Kennel Technicians report directly to the Kennel Manager.
Duties of a Kennel Technician (Pack Leader) include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate with owners, management and other staff about the needs of animals in care of the hospital
- Work collaboratively with the Wignall Team to ensure a safe and comfortable stay for all pets
- Maintain a clean, safe and sanitary kennel environment at all times
- Laundry and housekeeping duties as assigned
- Monitor and report signs of illness, injury or behavior concerns to the appropriate person
- Follow feeding and care guidelines set forth by owners and management/veterinary staff
- All other duties as assigned
Why work at Wignall Animal Hospital?
We are an outstanding full service, 5 doctor, AAHA member veterinary hospital. We provide top-notch medical care to our patients and have an awesome clientele. Excellent professional development environment for the employee seeking to work with the best and become one of the best.
We offer an incredible benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life, 401k, paid time off as well as pet benefits!
If you are passionate about pets and providing exceptional customer service, we want you to lead our pack!
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!