Veterinary Specialty Center of Seattle is hiring a Kennel Assistant to join our incredible team!!
Our Kennel Assistants are essential in helping with the daily flow of our busy Emergency & Specialty Hospital. They are relied on for many things, including hospital maintenance and cleanliness.
- Must treat animals with care and respect
- Must work well on a team
- Must enjoy cleaning
- Must have good time management skills.
Why work at Veterinary Specialty Center of Seattle?
The Veterinary Specialty Center of Seattle (VSCS) is a 24-hour Emergency and Critical Care and Specialty hospital. We offer a collaborative approach to veterinary medicine. We support Emergency and Critical Care, Neurology, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Oncology and Radiology, all in one hospital. We pride ourselves on providing compassionate medical care and exceptional client service.
We invest heavily in our employees' long-term success and happiness. We offer an amazing benefits package, including, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, plus generous pet care discounts.
Assist technical staff and veterinarians by providing direct care and maintenance of kennels, hospital, and surroundings, feeding and general husbandry of hospitalized patients or boarding pets.
Housekeeping and Maintenance of Hospital:
- Stock supplies as needed daily.
- Regular laundry duties (kept up on multiple times daily).
- Keep the exterior of the hospital clean and orderly and free of pet waste.
- Janitorial care of the hospital facility.
- Make certain entire hospital including treatment, surgery, kennels, and runs are kept extremely clean through the day (so that a client could come back and see his/her pet without any notice.) This includes your own clothing and appearance.
- Alert the ER Technician Manager of any conditions that are unsafe including unrecognized hazards or infractions of safety rules.
General Patient Care:
- Compassionate nursing care is the top priority for all patients.
- Keep kennels clean, orderly and free of odors.
- Feed patients as directed.
- Exercise (walk) patients as directed.
- Ensure the comfort and cleanliness of hospitalized or boarding pets.
- Bathe or clean pets immediately that become soiled with urine, blood or feces as directed.
Passionate about pets and looking for an opportunity to grow in the veterinary profession, Apply Today!