Technician Assistant (Part-Time) - Metropolitan Emergency Animal Clinic
Metropolitan Emergency Animal Clinic is now hiring Veterinary Technician Assistants! We want you to join our team!!
The Ideal Candidate :
- Has a can do attitude
- Has EXCELLENT communication skills
- Has prior animal handling experience
Technician Assistant Job Description :
Technician Assistants are a major support system and work alongside Technicians to assist Doctors in the care and proper treatment of all patients. They assist in the daily tasks of Technicians and Doctors by safely restrain and handle patients, assisting in nursing care, cleaning and stocking different hospital areas.
- Provide restraint of patients during procedures and examinations
- Assist in radiology
- Assist in collecting samples, such as blood or urine
- Correctly operate all laboratory analyzers
- Assist Technicians and Doctors in emergency first aid
- Ensure that all hospitalized patients are comfortable by maintaining the cleanliness of their cage and bedding
- Provide basic care and treatments to patients by providing them with food, water and taking them on walks
- Ensuring that all treatment areas, exam rooms, surgical suites and Laboratory are cleaned, organized and stocked appropriately
- Clean and sterilize surgical instruments
- Assist front desk staff by answering phones with appropriate greeting
- Set up and take down of surgical equipment
Come learn, grow, and thrive with our team. Apply today!