Pathway Vet Alliance is a Private Equity portfolio company and a leading veterinary management organization overseeing operations for over 200 hospitals in the US. We are currently seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to join our growing Financial Planning & Analysis team. The Financial Analyst will play a key role in supporting our corporate finance functions and enterprise level reporting and budgeting.
This position works with a dynamic and brilliant team and is responsible for providing broad analytical and financial support across all areas of the business. This position will play a key role in the company's financial planning process as well as driving operational efficiency through reporting and analysis. The role will partner with business managers to monitor key performance metrics, create and consolidate annual budget and monthly forecasts, perform cash projection and cash modeling and oversee our corporate debt and leverage ratio analytics. In addition, this role will participate in special projects as needed and prepare monthly financial reporting for Pathway’s Leadership team.
Key Area of Ownership:
·Cash Tracking & Forecasting for the CFO: Daily Cash Tracking and Cash Forecasting; working with various individuals in the accounting department (AP, Revenue, Payroll, Holdbacks, Rent, etc.), M&A team, and the legal department to track cash activity, forecast cash projections, and develop weekly AP spend through analyzing cash flow. Reporting sent directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
· Permitted Acquisition Tests for New Deals: As practices are closing, working on our permitted acquisition test to confirm our leverage ratio stays in compliance. Working with the M&A and legal teams to develop borrowing amounts on our credit facilities
· Monthly Financial Reporting Pack: Developing and preparing monthly financial reporting package for Leadership Team and assisting with new reporting requests as needed.
· CapEx Model: Building new CapEx model for monthly reporting and as a resource for the operations team and procurement team for CapEx spend; Working with the VP of Operations and Operations Analyst to document CapEx process and understand reporting needs. Coordinating with the Director of Procurement to set processes in place for communicating finalized CapEx spend and tracking in the new CapEx model. Building the CapEx model, gathering data, and building reporting for monthly distribution;
· Assisting with Cloud-Based Annual Budget Process: Assisting with initial development and build-out of cloud-based budget model in Adaptive Insights and maintaining the annual budget process along with quarterly forecasting; full exposure to new software implementation
· Dashboarding in Power BI: Assisting with spearheading and building dashboards in Power BI through collaborative efforts with our operations team and revenue team
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
· Minimum of 3+ years of relevant finance, FP&A, private equity, and/or public accounting experience
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to juggle multiple work streams
· Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
· Organized team player with strong attention to detail
· Knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling and variance analysis
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel preferred
· Positive attitude, energetic, and upbeat personality
· Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
· Retail, Healthcare, Veterinary or comparable industry experience a plus
· Experience using reporting platforms and ERP Systems (Workday FDM, Adaptive Insights, PowerBI, Tableau, TM1, SAP, Cognos)
· Workday experience is a plus