Village Veterinary Medical Center is looking for a full-time Kennel Attendant to join our outstanding team!
The ideal candidate:
- Proactive team player
- Dependable and reliable
- Punctual with open availability including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with the ability to perform under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Have previous veterinary medical experience
- Able to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50lbs and tolerate a physically demanding job.
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic full-time Kennel Attendant who has previous experience in a veterinary medical setting. Must be able to perform to the physical demands of the position; long hours on your feet, lifting up to 50lbs and getting dirty. As a Kennel Attendant, you will assist veterinarians and technicians with patient care and hospital cleanliness.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing patients with bedding, food, and water
- Walk patients
- Bathe, trim nails and express anal glands
- Animal restraint
- Check patients in, discharge patients, obtain patient histories and client education
- Communicate pertinent information about patients to veterinarians and owners
- Maintain cleanliness of hospital and grounds
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer experience is required
- Ability to multi-task and be proactive
- Close attention to detail is crucial
- Ability to communicate with staff and clients in a professional and respectful manner
Why work for Village Veterinary Medical Center?
We are a fast-paced, state-of-the-art AAHA-accredited hospital in West Knoxville, located near lots of shopping and beautiful parks. We are committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients and superior customer service to their owners.
We offer competitive pay and an exceptional benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life, 401k, paid time off, gym membership and pet benefits!