Animal Clinic Del Rancho in Scottsdale is hiring an experienced Practice Manager to lead our amazing team!
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Preferred: three years or more of managing a veterinary practice.
- Certified Veterinary Practice Manager designation or equivalent work experience
If you are interested in a unique opportunity to be a part of something great and want to lead a team of professionals dedicated to providing excellent patient and customer care, this is the opportunity you have been looking for!
The Practice Manager (PM) is critical to the success of the hospital, ensuring a positive culture built on shared values and direct communication, creating operational efficiencies, and problem-solving to improve client service and employee engagement. Typically, the PM is the “Integrator” on the hospital’s accountability chart and participates in the Pathway Planning leadership meetings.
The manager exercises sound judgment, and the willingness and capability to make decisions.
PM oversees the business activities of the hospital, including hiring and training hospital staff; working with Pathway finance to prepare and manage budgets; monitoring and analyzing key performance indicators; setting fees; maintaining inventory and an inventory control system; managing the hospital software, and implementing safety and security procedures.
- Ability to analyze various sources of data in order to establish priorities and initiate operational programs
- Sound personal judgment in decision-making
- Capable of leading, managing, and coaching staff at all levels
- Demonstrated competence in all aspects of staff management, including hiring and firing
- Demonstrated ability to show empathy toward clients and treat animals with respect and compassion.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Excellent written communication skills
- A commitment to outstanding client service.
- Demonstrated competence in budgeting and financial reporting, including reading and analyzing a P&L statement
- Solid math and Excel/spreadsheet skills.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 40 pounds without assistance and objects weighing more than 40 pounds with assistance.
- Availability to occasionally work uncommon hours and overtime, and to be subject to recall for business emergencies.
- Communicates the practice’s values and mission to the team. Motivates staff, and helps build and maintain morale.
- Upholds core values and standards.
- Holds regular staff meetings, including a component of mandatory training on standards of service and standards of care.
- Promotes a cooperative working environment among staff members; understands the value of teamwork.
- Is enthusiastically willing to perform as necessary to help the hospital function as a unit.
- Promotes continuous quality improvement (CQI) to ensure the practice’s success and achieve the vision.
We offer an amazing benefits package!
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!