Pathway Vet Alliance is a Morgan Stanley Global Private Equity portfolio company, was awarded both the Inc. 5000 and Austin Business Journal fasting growing company achievements, and is a leading veterinary management organization overseeing operations for over 170+ hospitals across the US.
We provide practice transformation through effective business systems, management development, and leadership coaching. Our partnership model allows you to secure your financial future, while working with a team of professionals that will help you achieve growth and career advancement while have fun and collaborating with exceptional team members.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join our team. This role will be a primary contributor to month-end and year-end general ledger close process and will assist in other projects as needed.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare journal entries and perform account level analysis as part of month-end close
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations for complex accounts
- Lead process improvement and automation initiatives
- Work with external auditors
- Adhere to proper accounting methods, controls, policies and principles
- Respond to financial inquiries received from veterinary clinic employees
- Other projects as needed
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressive experience in accounting, specifically GAAP-compliant accounting and financial reporting
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Strong familiarity with the FASB accounting codification
- Ability to efficiently manipulate large amounts of data using Microsoft Excel
- Positive attitude, energetic and upbeat personality
- Ability to consistently communicate with a high-level of emotional intelligence
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Workday software experience is a plus
- Large company, multi-store retail and/or SEC reporting experience is a plus
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!