Certified Veterinary Technician (Emergency) - Bend Veterinary Specialty & Emergency
Bend Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center is seeking an experienced Certified Veterinary Technician to join our emergency department.
We invest heavily in our employees' long-term growth and happiness.
We are looking for a CVT who enjoys working with people as much as working with animals and is comfortable and competent working in the exciting and challenging field of emergency medicine.
Bend Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center located in beautiful Central Oregon is seeking an experienced Certified Veterinary Technician to join our emergency department. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We have 7 emergency veterinarians on staff who are excellent practitioners and fun to work with. We primarily treat dogs and cats and the occasional exotic animal. Requirements for this position are
- Minimum of 2 years experience working as a full-time CVT.
- Strong preference is given to CVT's with advanced medical experience, such as having previously worked in an emergency or specialty (surgery/internal medicine) practice.
- Must have competencies in advanced medical nursing, anesthesia on high-risk patients, surgical assisting and emergency triage.
- Must have a team spirit and genuinely enjoy working with people as much as working with animals.
- Must be gentle, patient and compassionate when interacting with patients and professional, patient, respectful and compassionate when interacting with pet owners.
- Must be reliable and committed to providing outstanding patient and client care while excelling in a team environment with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to accurately and reliably follow directions of the veterinarian and senior technicians
- Must be willing and able to work all shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
If you are a skilled CVT, love your profession and are seeking an exciting career opportunity at a successful practice, you are strongly encouraged to apply. We want to meet you!