Pearson's Animal Hospital is seeking an experienced Veterinary Assistant to join our AMAZING team!
We are a fast paced veterinary hospital located in San Marcos, CA. Our practice sees a high volume of patients and surgeries per day. We are know for specializing in c-sections, as well as providing surgical artificial insemination services, and do a wide variety of orthopedic procedures.
We are looking for a self starter with excellent work ethic,and a desire to grow in the veterinary field.
- Prepares and maintain cleanliness of entire hospital, exam rooms, treatment area, cages, and runs
- Stocks and restocks entire hospital throughout the day, adding items to inventory request list as needed.
- Assist doctors and technicians in restraint and treatment of patients
- Set up for IV catheters, labwork, treatments and surgeries.
- Administer oral medications, SC injections, and SC fluids
- Be able to prepare and run in-house lab tests including fecals.
- Clean and sterilize instruments as needed
- Wash, fold, and put away the laundry
- Release patients to owner with direction of techs or doctor.
- Assists front desk as needed
- Handling and restraint for procedures, catheters, blood draws, or cystocentisis
- Do routine procedures, such as draw blood and collect urine- once trained.
- Assist with radiographs.
- Prepare and send out outside lab tests including blood, urine, and cultures.
- Able to take an accurate TPR
- Able to handle and restrain fractious or aggressive animals
- Perform other duties as assigned
We offer an incredible benefits package including medical, dental, and vision, paid parental leave, 401k, PTO, generous pet benefits, and much much more!
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!