Practice Manager - Looby Veterinary Group
If you are interested in a unique opportunity to be a part of something great and want to lead a team of professionals dedicated to providing excellent patient and customer care, this is the opportunity you have been looking for!
Why work at Looby Veterinary Group?
Looby Veterinary Group has been serving our community’s veterinary needs for almost 40 years. Located right outside of Boston in Medford, MA you can enjoy everything the city has to offer with close access to the beach! We are a six veterinarian hospital with an amazing support team and provide a wide range of experience and expertise.We have a passion for supporting an emotionally intelligent atmosphere with a culture that understands the importance of a great work/life balance! This area is a wonderful place to live and work!
- Communicates the practice’s values and mission to the team. Motivates staff, and helps build and maintain morale.
- Upholds core values and standards.
- Holds regular staff meetings, including a component of mandatory training on standards of service and standards of care.
- Promotes a cooperative working environment among staff members; understands the value of teamwork.
- Is enthusiastically willing to perform as necessary to help the hospital function as a unit.
- Promotes continuous quality improvement (CQI) to ensure the practice’s success and achieve the vision.
- Ability to analyze various sources of data in order to establish priorities and initiate operational programs
- Sound personal judgment in decision-making
- Capable of leading, managing, and coaching staff at all levels
- Demonstrated competence in all aspects of staff management, including hiring and firing
- Demonstrated ability to show empathy toward clients and treat animals with respect and compassion.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- A commitment to outstanding client service.
- Demonstrated competence in budgeting and financial reporting, including reading and analyzing a P&L statement
- Solid math and Excel/spreadsheet skills.
- Certified Veterinary Practice Manager designation or equivalent work experience
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Preferred: three years or more of managing a veterinary practice.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 40 pounds without assistance and objects weighing more than 40 pounds with assistance.
- Availability to occasionally work uncommon hours and overtime, and to be subject to recall for business emergencies.
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!