Dog Bather - Dr. Boyd's Pet Resort San Diego
Dr. Boyd's Pet Resort and Veterinary Center San Diego is hiring experienced bathers to add to our growing team and business. Housekeeping, cleanliness and sanitation are a vital part of our business. We take pride on having a clean, odor free facility. We are looking for full time and part time bathers. Shifts range throughout the day.
The Dog Bather position requires that you
- Have the physical strength and ability to lift and carry a pet or other object weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Be able to make independent decisions.
- Smile, make direct eye contact, and greet clients in a friendly and professional way, making them feel welcome and comfortable.
- Work with unruly pets.
- Be familiar with dog and cat breeds and coat colors.
- Be patient, polite, and compassionate with a client who is emotional or discourteous.
- Work well with others and be able to accommodate others needs.
We are looking for a friendly, self motivated, energetic pet bather ready to jump in.
The bather job duties include:
- Bathing, brushing, drying, nail trims, anal gland expressions, and cleaning ears of the dogs/ cats
- Cleaning duties in the salon
- Retrieving dogs from the kennel or from clients
- Customer service
- Assist in Resort when needed
- Record keeping in computer system (Avimark)
We invest heavily in our employees' long-term growth and happiness. We offer wonderful benefit packages including medical, vision and dental insurance, plus a 100% paid life insurance policy for you too! PTO, internal and external continuing education, bonuses, dynamic pet care discounts, 401K, and much, much, more!
If you're looking for a career working with animals, Dr. Boyd's Pet Resort and Veterinary Center San Diego is a gateway to your success with training and experience available to all who qualify!