Registered Veterinary Technician- Veterinary Cancer Group SFV
$1,500 SIGN ON BONUS!
Veterinary Cancer Group - SFV is now hiring a Registered Veterinary Technician to join their incredible team!
The Veterinary Technician is the Veterinarian's right hand throughout the day as well as helping the technicians and customer service representatives.
The right candidate:
- has strong communication skills
- can multi-task and prioritize
- is professional and reliable
- believes in team work
The Veterinary technician is the primary support to doctors and patients. The Veterinary Oncology Assistant must be able to pay attention to detail, respond quickly and calmly to a crisis, and maintain very high standards of patient care. In addition, the Veterinary Oncology Assistant must be able to communicate well with clients, showing care and concern for their pets.
Veterinary Technician Job Responsibilities:
· Able to assess changes in hospitalized patients condition and advise Doctor, updates owners on a daily basis
· Become proficient in catheterizations i.e.: urinary, i.v., including butterfly catheters
· Is able to calculate, prepare and administer chemotherapy drugs with minimal supervision.
· Perform fine needle aspirates, skin punch biopsies are a plus
· Become familiar with most often used protocols and can prepare treatment estimates.
· Has a good understanding of side-effects from chemotherapeutic drugs and their treatments.
· Provide client education regarding chemotherapy protocols. Counsel clients regarding home care, medication administration.
· Provide quality patient care for hospitalized and Chemotherapy day patients
· Prepare and present estimates to clients
· Calculate fluid rates and drug dosages
· Perform routine laboratory analyses, including hematology, serology, blood chemistry, Administer and monitor anesthesia in accordance with state regulations
· Take EKG tracings
· Administer oral drugs and SQ, IV or IM injections
· Prepare cytology slides for examination
· Monitor critical patients
· Counsel clients regarding home care, medication administration
· Able to fill out lab request forms, procedural request forms, charts and treatment sheets and complete any other necessary forms
· Help maintain inventory
· Take, develop and record radiographs
· Perform other duties as assigned
We offer an incredible benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life, 401k, paid time off as well as pet benefits!