Pathway Vet Alliance is a Morgan Stanley Global Private Equity portfolio company and a leading veterinary management organization overseeing operations for over 200+ hospitals across the US. Exciting growth, dynamic and collaborative teams are just a part of what makes Pathway's culture so rewarding and fun!
The Purchasing Manager will help oversee all aspects of Pathway’s purchasing operations, which includes the purchasing of supplies, equipment, and services; vendor management, process optimization, and evaluation and testing of supply chain technology (i.e. hardware and software). The Purchasing Manager also serves as a Supply Chain liaison for all of Pathway’s hospitals and clinics. This position reports to the Vice President of Supply Chain.
- Drives operational excellence, change management, and the implementation of best practices to reduce supply, equipment, and purchased services expenses; helps achieve Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) reduction targets
- Develops and carries out functional objectives and strategies, policies, and procedures regarding procurement of pharmaceuticals, supplies, equipment, and services for the entire organization
- Negotiates with vendors for goods and services; areas include pricing, purchasing/payment terms, and delivery
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with vendors, facilitates communication, and works to ensure fulfillment and delivery targets are met; resolves supplier cost, quality, delivery and other performance issues
- As directed, partners with Pathway executives and other stakeholders to negotiate supply, equipment, and purchased service agreements
- Records and enforces agreements with suppliers; implements contract pricing and terms
- Assists with new product, equipment, program, and process evaluations for Pathway
- Oversees department staff which may include supervisors, procurement specialists, contract specialists, and analysts; establishes performance goals and key performance indicators.
- Utilizes appropriate tools to capture, analyze, and report on a variety of measures, including department, hospital, and company supply expense and inventory performance as well as spend and utilization data
- Monitors market trends, competitor strategies, and suppliers
- Identifies and sources new suppliers and vendors; helps manage vendor and supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity and reliability
- Establishes and updates an approved vendor/supplier database
- Introduces performance improvement (i.e. scorecard) measures for suppliers and vendors
- Works with relevant departments to manage inventory requirements
- Facilitates timely placement of purchase orders; reviews purchase orders for proper authorization and compliance with organizational policy and procedures
- Develops and manages purchasing budgets and forecasts
- College degree in Supply Chain, Business, Operations Management, or related field. Years of experience may be considered in lieu of college degree.
- 2 years of supervisory experience in a purchasing division/department
- 5 years of purchasing, sourcing, distribution, or direct supply chain management experience
- Exceptional communication, problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams across numerous remote locations
- Advanced level of experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time, including overnight and extended periods of time
- Knowledge of purchasing and supply chain systems, LEAN principles of planning and MRP/ERP systems often required
- Veterinary industry experience
- Strong project and change management skills
- Prior experience with Workday Procurement or other ERP system(s)
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, and manage time and work effectively in the absence of clear or constant direction