Hospital Administrator - South Carolina Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Care
South Carolina Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Care is a well-established small animal referral and 24 hour emergency hospital located in Columbia, South Carolina. If you are interested in a unique opportunity to be a part of something great and want to lead a team of professionals dedicated to providing excellent patient and customer care, this is the opportunity you have been looking for! We have a state-of-the-art facility and are both VECCS and AAHA accredited.
- Communicates the practice’s values and mission to the team. Motivates staff, and helps build and maintain morale.
- Upholds core values and standards.
- Holds regular staff meetings, including a component of mandatory training on standards of service and standards of care.
- Promotes a cooperative working environment among staff members; understands the value of teamwork.
- Is enthusiastically willing to perform as necessary to help the hospital function as a unit.
- Promotes continuous quality improvement (CQI) to ensure the practice’s success and achieve the vision.
- Ability to analyze various sources of data in order to establish priorities and initiate operational programs
- Strong attention to detail
- Sound, balanced personal judgment in decision-making
- Capable of leading, managing, and developing staff at all levels
- Ability to work along side Medical Director for established goals of the hospital
- Demonstrated competence in all aspects of staff management, from retention and coaching to hiring and firing
- Demonstrated ability to show empathy toward clients and treat animals with respect and compassion.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- A commitment to outstanding client service.
- Demonstrated competence in budgeting and financial reporting, including reading and analyzing a P&L statement
- Solid math and Excel/spreadsheet skills.
- Certified Veterinary Practice Manager designation or equivalent work experience preferred
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- Preferred: MBA or related degree
- Preferred: three years or more of managing a large veterinary practice or multiple sites.
- Preferred: project management
- Ability to lift objects weighing 40 pounds without assistance and objects weighing more than 40 pounds with assistance.
- Availability to occasionally work uncommon hours and overtime, and to be subject to recall for business emergencies.