Emergency Veterinarian - Metropolitan Animal Emergency and Specialty Center
Metropolitan Animal Emergency and Specialty Center is looking to add an additional emergency veterinarian to our growing practice. Here’s what you need to know about us!
Who: We are an established 24/7 emergency hospital in the area (doors opened over 40 years ago) that is home to a staff of full and part time veterinarians with a very low turn over. We like it here! We have a great collaborative environment with an awesome support staff.
What: Here are the details –
- This position is for a full time vet, but part time hours will be considered too.
- We are looking for a veterinarian who is comfortable and capable seeing emergency cases alone.
- Our ER vets perform surgery, but it is not necessarily required, as we do have a surgeon on staff, too.
- We have a brand new in-house ultrasound, digital radiology, in-house Idexx and Heska lab equipment as well as SmartFlow and Cubex.
- We offer a competitive salary and great benefits including 401k, health insurance, and a generous budget for CE and licensing fees. Competitive sign on bonus also available.
- Successful applicants must be compassionate, have a team player attitude, possess good communication skills, and strive to always learn and improve.
When: Our schedules are the best! Emergency vets work just 10 shifts per 4 weeks. Shifts are 12 hours long making full time hours an average of just 30 hours per week. Our schedules are fixed week to week meaning we do not rotate through overnights/weekends/days. This allows us to maintain a routine and balance outside of work.
Where: Our practice is located in a brand new facility in Rockville, MD, a suburb of Washington, DC. Our employees live a little of everywhere - in the city, the suburbs, and in rural areas all within a commutable distance to the hospital. The area has so much to offer including all the tourism sites of the city, great food and drink, nearby outdoor activities, and easy access to mountains and beaches. There is something for everyone.
Why: Our practice is growing. We have recently begun our expansion to include specialty services in addition to our emergency department. With our expansion, our entire team needs to grow, and we are excited to find a great new fit for our practice!
Apply today! Come join our TEAM, we look forward to hearing from you!