Veterinary Technician Assistant - Palm Springs Animal Hospital
Palm Springs Animal Hospital is now hiring an EXPERIENCED Veterinary Technician Assistant to join their incredible team!
- is reliable and dependable
- works well on a team as well as independently
- has strong communication skills
- has a flexible schedule
- has experience in assisting in surgery
Why work at Palm Springs Animal Hospital?
Palm Springs Animal Hospital was founded almost 30 years ago and is well established in the community. With a tradition of practice excellence and a kind, caring and compassionate staff, Palm Springs Animal Hospital looks forward to caring for our communities furry family members.
We promote an emotionally intelligent work environment and a positive work/life balance. We invest heavily in our employees with many opportunities for growth and development! We offer outstanding benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid time off, continuing education, generous pet discounts and much more!
- High School Diploma
- Certification courses in veterinary medicine a plus
- Veterinary Assistant Controlled Substance Permit a plus
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to work well with others as a team.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and delegate.
- Flexibility and the ability to adjust to a changing environment and handle stress calmly.
- Attention to detail and willingness to question when unsure-ability to think before acting.
- Self-motivated, hard worker.
- Active interest in medicine and animal care.
- Willing to learn new tasks and learn quickly.
- Able to receive criticism and accepts responsibility for actions.
- Dependable and Reliable.
- Must be able to be flexible with weekly/daily scheduling.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to operate general office equipment
Animal Care and Treatment Responsibilities:
- Proper restraint of all animal types and levels of difficulty including knowing when to request assistance. Understanding that it is your responsibility to keep all people safe including the patients.
- Veinipuncture from all common sites; Cephalic, Lateral Saphenous and Jugular veins.
- Placement of IV Catheters.
- Vaccine understanding and preparation and the ability to explain the vaccinations to clients (purpose and intervals).
- TPRs (Temperature, Pulse and Respiration) and obtaining accurate weights including utilizing the proper scales (lbs. vs kgs)
- Basic duties such as nail trims, sani-trims, ear cleaning, and anal sac expression.
- Ability to accurately process laboratory tests both with in house lab equipment and outside labs understanding what tubes may be required and what blood is needed, conveying to the veterinarian the results promptly.
- Understanding how and ability to clean surgical or technical equipment including preparing packs for autoclave.
- Surgical patient monitory both pre, during minor procedures and post-surgery including dental procedures.
- Ability to chart teeth during dental prophylaxis.
- Ability to extubate patients after surgery.
- IV fluid administration and monitoring.
- Troubleshooting IV pumps; flush, remove and disconnect IV catheters.
- Oxygen application and monitoring.
- Maintaining hospital supply order list
We look forward to hearing from you!