Internal Medicine Veterinary Technician
Heart of Texas Specialty & Emergency Center is now hiring an Internal Medicine Veterinary Technician to join their INCREDIBLE team!
The ideal candidate:
- Three or more years of veterinary experience
- Has strong communication skills
- Works well on a team
- Has a flexible schedule
The Internal Medicine Veterinary Technician performs a variety of animal health and client duties in order to provide quality care.
The Internal Medicine Veterinary Technician should have a working knowledge of laboratory techniques, technical and nursing support, collect samples and remain calm during stressful situations. A keen ability to empathize, prioritize, multitask, and manage time is a must. Internal Medicine Technicians must also possess excellent communication skills both with coworkers and clients.
- At least 3 years of recent experience in veterinary practice
- Ability to perform routine veterinary medical procedures (e.g. place IV catheters, intubate, phlebotomy, collect samples, knowledge and use of routine veterinary equipment and administer injections) as well as properly restrain patients
- Ability to calculate fluid rates, drug dosages, and CRIs
- Demonstrates the ability to show empathy toward clients and treat animals with respect and compassion while maintaining a commitment to outstanding client service
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Licensed technicians preferred
If you are passionate about providing exceptional vet care and customer service we want you to join our team!