Licensed Veterinary Technician- Emergency Pet Clinic San Antonio
Emergency Pet Clinic - San Antonio is seeking a Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our growing team!!
The ideal candidate:
- Knowledge of basic veterinary practices
- Ability to appropriately handle animals
- Ability to perform veterinary medical procedures
- Recent experience in a veterinary practice
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Willing to work weekends and holidays
Our technicians are responsible for the care and treatment of unstable and or critically ill patients, triaging emergency patients, monitoring hospitalized patients, performing patient laboratory tests, treatments and nursing care, admitting and discharging patients, client communication and education, and answering technician calls. This position entails working swing shifts and overnights.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of basic veterinary practices, procedures
- Ability to appropriately handle, lift and restrain animals (dogs, cats, pocket pets, etc.) and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform veterinary medical procedures (i.e. venipuncture, radiology, IV catheter placement, drug calculations, administer medications & fluids, and assess & triage patients).
- Have basic organizational and computer skills as well as good technician skills.
- Must have recent experience in veterinary practice with increasing responsibilities, supervisory experience a plus
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
Our emergency clinic has provided services in San Antonio for 35 years. No matter the time of day or night, our skilled veterinarians are on duty to support the pets in our community. We are an equal opportunity employer, with many opportunities for growth and development for each employee. We invest heavily in our employees' long-term growth and happiness. We offer
If you are passionate about pets and providing exceptional veterinary care, we want you to join our team!
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!