Pathway Vet Alliance is a Private Equity portfolio company and a leading veterinary management organization overseeing operations for over 200 hospitals in the US. We are currently seeking an early experienced Paralegal to join our growing legal team and company! We were awarded both the Inc. 5000 and Austin Business Journal fastest growing company achievements, and are a leading veterinary management organization overseeing operations for our hospitals across the US.
- Research requirements for, prepare, and submit applications for business licenses, premise permits, radiation permits, and other various required permits for veterinary facilities; Track and renew these permits annually as required; Maintain records of these permits in the company database.
- Prepare and submit applications for assumed or fictitious business names and track any renewals.
- Submit annual corporate compliance documents.
- Respond to document requests and subpoenas.
- File time sensitive IRS 83(b) election paperwork.
- Handle the release of property tax liens.
- Apply for and maintain veterinary licenses for support staff veterinarians.
- Assist with immigration applications and renewals for international employees.
- Interview witnesses as needed.
- Manage repository of draft documents and forms.
- Assist in preparation and/or drafting of legal correspondence such as cover letters and other legal related documents.
- Coordinate any mailings or correspondence to new equity owners in connection with closings or otherwise.
- Assist legal staff with administrative tasks such as printing, expense reports, and mail as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by counsel and supervising paralegal.
- Broad computer knowledge, skills, and proficiency with Microsoft Office, web browsers, and other related software
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills – setting priorities, initiative, advance planning, and flexibility
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Respond to emails and calls in a timely fashion
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; work as part of a best-in-class legal department
- Interacts in a professional manner, with internal and external customers
- Up to 2 years of relevant work experience in a legal or professional services organization.
- Bachelor’s degree and/ or Paralegal Certificate
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities and adapt to a fluid high-growth environment
- Knowledge of HR compliance regulations, employment laws, and industry best practices
- Team player with a sense of ownership and “get things done” attitude - self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced and self-directed environment
- Values and respects confidentiality
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
More about Pathway Vet Alliance...
We provide practice transformation through effective business systems, management development, and leadership coaching. Our partnership model allows you to secure your financial future, while working with a team of professionals that will help you achieve growth and career advancement while having fun and collaborating with exceptional team members.
People make us tick, differentiate us from competitors, and create value for our hospitals. We recognize the importance of our people and have opened this opportunity to help support our valued hospitals and their teams. We act as internal support and serve our hospital teams as well as drive the growth of the company overall. At Pathway Vet Alliance, culture is at the forefront of our initiatives. Our mission, vision and values, resonate with our team members and are at our core while we focus on supporting our partner hospitals.