Veterinary Assistant- Veterinary Cancer Group SFV
Veterinary Cancer Group SFV is hiring a Veterinary Assistant to join our incredible team!
Veterinary Assistants treat and care for our patients as well as provide our clients amazing customer service.
- has strong communication skills
- can multi-task and prioritize
- is professional and reliable
- believes in team work
- has 1 yr of veterinary practice experience
- new graduates of Certified Veterinary Assistant schools will be considered
Why work at Veterinary Cancer Group - San Fernando Valley?
Veterinary Cancer Group SFV is staffed by leading board-certified medical and radiation oncologists, staff veterinarians, registered veterinary technicians, assistants and client care specialists. We are passionately committed to improving the lives of pets with cancer by providing in-depth information and access to the latest treatments available. We do more than care for pets; we care for the families who love them.
At Veterinary Cancer Group - SFV, we invest heavily in our employees with many opportunities for growth and development! We offer outstanding benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid time off, continuing education, generous pet discounts and much more!
Our Veterinary Assistants are the primary support to doctors and patients. The Veterinary Oncology Assistant must be able to pay attention to detail, respond quickly and calmly to a crisis, and maintain very high standards of patient care. In addition, the Veterinary Oncology Assistant must be able to communicate well with clients, showing care and concern for their pets.
- assist the veterinarian
- prioritize phone calls
- research refills according to last visit & last refill
- answer questions for scheduling new consultations
- prioritize lab results for Dr. review
- delegate or compose referral letters for recheck examinations
- review new patient records prior to consultation
- obtain referring doctor’s notes prior to referral
- prepare ultrasound request forms, and confirm appointments
- Complete forms and follow-up for study patients
- Assist technicians with patients
- Assist receptionists with clients if needed
- Begin re-check appointment by updating history/current meds
- Enter computerized problem list for each new patient and problem
- Communicate comfortably and professionally with referring veterinarians, their staff and other individuals within the veterinary community to develop a strong collaborative referring network.
- Ensure quality patient care for both outpatient and hospitalized animals.
- Prepare packaging of specimens for transport to specific labs and ensure proper billing and complete history with assistance of the doctor (biopsy samples predominantly.)
Passionate about pets and want to work on a dynamic team, Apply Today!
We look forward to hearing from you!