Veterinary Technician (Emergency) - Austin Vet Care Central
$1,500 Sign On Bonus!
Austin Vet Care Central is now hiring Emergency Veterinary Technicians to join their AMAZING Overnight Team!
If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply for this wonderful opportunity.
We offer many opportunities for growth and development for each employee!
This is a full time, overnight shift position.
The purpose of this position is to improve the quality of patient care by assisting veterinarians with diagnostics and treatment and by educating clients on the proper care and maintenance of their pet(s).The Inpatient Technician is friendly and flexible in the face of varying expectations from clients and co-workers. He or she must be able to prioritize tasks quickly, multi-task when able and respond quickly and calmly to emergencies, leading others through necessary tasks.
- At least two years’ recent experience in veterinary practice or medical environment, with increasing responsibilities.
- Demonstrate ability to lead a team.
- Ability to perform routine veterinary medical procedures (e.g., collect samples, draw blood, and administer injections) and properly restrain patients.
- Ability to maintain clear and accurate records and to charge clients for all products and services rendered.
- Knowledge of spelling and meaning of commonly used veterinary medical terminology and procedures.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in the time allotted without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to show empathy toward clients and treat animals with respect and compassion while maintaining a commitment to outstanding client service.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to stay on task and work energetically for an entire shift, sometimes exceeding 10 hours per day.
We invest heavily in our employees' long-term growth and happiness. We offer a wonderful benefits package including medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as a 100% paid life insurance policy for you too! PTO with no “use it or lose it clause”, internal and external continuing education, bonuses, dynamic pet care discounts, 401K, and much, much, more!
If interested in this position, please reply to this posting. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!