See What We’re All About
As the fastest growing distributor of foodservice equipment parts, we like to do things a little differently. We believe our team should be like family. Not like a second cousin, twice removed, but more like the family you choose to be with every day. First, you have to demonstrate our core values and keep safety as your #1 priority, that’s key. But we’re also looking for unique enthusiasm, high integrity, courage to embrace change…and if you know a few jokes, that puts you on the top of our list.
Do you have a genius-level knowledge of foodservice equipment parts? If not, no problem! We’re more interested in passionate people with fresh ideas from different backgrounds. That’s what keeps us at the top of our game. We’re proud that our workplace has been recognized for its growth and innovation on the Inc. 5000 list, eleven years in a row and the Crain’s Fast 50 list seven times.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond and put your ambition to work, all while having some fun, let’s chat – Apply Today!
- Parts Town Pride – check out our culture and growth!
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus
- Fitness center, game room and on-site food market
- Team member appreciation events and recognition programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Casual dress code
- All the traditional benefits like health insurance, 401k/401k match, employee assistance programs and time away – don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
The Job at a Glance
As a Transportation Manager (internally known as Route Wizard), you will guide domestic and international transportation of a largely parcel and limited LTL freight shipping environment by developing, planning, and executing the strategic vision and transportation initiatives. Sounds like something you are passionate about? We would like you to apply!
A Typical Day
- Work on all aspects of transportation management including shipment costs, carrier selection, mode optimization, claims management, invoice auditing and carrier relationships
- Drive accountability of network performance through comprehensive KPI's.
- Develop models that quantify the cost of special shipping programs while providing recommendations for outbound carrier process improvements
- Provide oversight of existing freight payment processes and ensure proper financial audits and funding are occurring
- Serve as liaison with the carrier partners and is the main point of contact to understand and address daily operational issues and concerns
- Work directly with leaders in Operations, Suppliers, Procurement, Sales and Finance to implement continuous improvement initiatives and improve service levels while reducing costs
- Drive shipment compliance standards to ensure all company shipments conform to DOT, HazMat and Customs rules and regulations
To Land This Opportunity
- You have 3-5 years of experience in the transportation industry with a minimum of 2 years focus on parcel environment
- You are a Pro of TMS and WMS and enjoy to influence system changes and test changes prior to implementation
- You are very “hands-on” with carrier contract rates and surcharges to estimate cost impacts of a parcel routing change
- You are a detective in auditing and documenting all findings and you like to follow the concise and comprehensive approach
- You are expert in Microsoft Suite applications and like sharing that experience with others
- You’re an all-star communicator and are fluent in English (both written and verbal)
About Your Future Team
Our Warehouse Team is full of high-performing team members who have a passion and enthusiasm. We like to work hard to meet our performance goals while having fun and supporting our team members
Parts Town welcomes diversity and as an equal opportunity employer all qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an E-Verify employer.