See What We’re All About
As the fastest growing distributor of foodservice equipment parts, we like to do things a little differently. We believe our team should be like family. Not like a second cousin, twice removed, but more like the family you choose to be with every day. First, you have to demonstrate our core values and keep safety as your #1 priority, that’s key. But we’re also looking for unique enthusiasm, high integrity, courage to embrace change…and if you know a few jokes, that puts you on the top of our list.
Do you have a genius-level knowledge of foodservice equipment parts? If not, no problem! We’re more interested in passionate people with fresh ideas from different backgrounds. That’s what keeps us at the top of our game. We’re proud that our workplace has been recognized for its growth and innovation on the Inc. 5000 list, ten years in a row and the Crain’s Fast 50 list seven times.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond and put your ambition to work, all while having some fun, let’s chat – Apply Today!
- Parts Town Pride – check out our virtual tour and culture!
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus
- Fitness center, game room and on-site food market
- Team member appreciation events and recognition programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Casual dress code
- All the traditional benefits like health insurance, 401k/401k match, employee assistance programs and time away – don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
The Job at a Glance
As our Purchasing Specialist, (internally known as a “Master of the SKUniverse) you will be responsible for helping manage the receipt of all stocked SKUs by tracking down backordered items and expediting orders for our customer service team. You will strengthen our community by building professional relationships with our key vendors and ensuring deliveries are made accurately and on-time. In this position, you will also play a large role in negotiating and executing returns with vendors, assisting in resolving any receipt discrepancies and cutting emergency purchase orders when needed.
A Typical Day
- Maintain and grow strong and friendly relationships with our vendors
- Manage and track SKUs
- Review purchasing agreements, place orders and arrange for service contracts
- Compare product deliveries with issued purchase orders and contact vendors when there are discrepancies
To Land This Opportunity
- You’re an all-star communicator and are fluent in English (both written and verbal)
- You demonstrate a passion for operations and supply chain management
- You’re a self-starter that thrives in a team environment
- You are a MS Excel guru
- You proudly display your critical thinking skills whenever you can
- You have a knack for identifying process improvements
- You are an enthusiastic and skilled negotiator
About Your Future Team
Our team is an energetic and hardworking bunch- competitive ping-pong, trying unique dishes (hotdogs with Cracker Jacks and chocolate, etc.) and maximizing the number of gallons of water drank per day is the latest buzz.
Parts Town welcomes diversity and as an equal opportunity employer all qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an E-Verify employer.