Inside Service Technician
See What We’re All About
As the fastest growing distributor of foodservice equipment parts, we like to do things a little differently. We believe our team should be like family. Not like a second cousin, twice removed, but more like the family you choose to be with every day. First, you have to demonstrate our core values and keep safety as your #1 priority, that’s key. But we’re also looking for unique enthusiasm, high integrity, courage to embrace change…and if you know a few jokes, that puts you on the top of our list.
Do you have a genius-level knowledge of foodservice equipment parts? If not, no problem! We’re more interested in passionate people with fresh ideas from different backgrounds. That’s what keeps us at the top of our game. We’re proud that our workplace has been recognized for its growth and innovation on the Inc. 5000 list, eleven years in a row and the Crain’s Fast 50 list seven times.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond and put your ambition to work, all while having some fun, let’s chat – Apply Today!
- Parts Town Pride – check out our culture and growth!
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus
- Fitness center, game room and on-site food market
- Team member appreciation events and recognition programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Casual dress code
- All the traditional benefits like health insurance, 401k/401k match, employee assistance programs and time away – don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
The Job at a Glance
As an Inside Service Technician, you will directly communicate with end users and field technicians to provide technical support over the phone and via email to assist in repairs on warranty and non-warranty foodservice equipment – specifically, hot-side units. You will work closely with manufacturers to recommend engineering changes and document equipment/component failure rates. After completing the onboarding process, you will also have the opportunity to earn all Commercial Food Service Equipment Service Association (CFESA) certifications.
A Typical Day
- You will provide exceptional customer service, effectively communicating equipment information and troubleshooting solutions in a friendly and professional manner
- You will utilize equipment manuals, wiring diagrams, and parts listings to diagnose and resolve equipment issues
- You will maintain all customer call information into a company database to better assist future inquiries
To Land This Opportunity
- You have 2+ years of experience in electric/gas appliance repair, refrigeration, or HVAC
- You have the ability to read equipment schematics, parts listings/breakdowns, and wiring diagrams and are capable of explaining complex technical information in a clear and understandable manner
- You are fluent in English and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You’re confident using a computer and navigating programs such as MS Word & Outlook
- You’re passionate about troubleshooting and finding innovative solutions to difficult problems
- You have the ability to multitask and thrive in a fast paced, team atmosphere
- Field experience is a plus – but not a deal breaker!
About Your Future Team
Our Technical Service group is full of high-performing team members who have a passion and enthusiasm to work hard and play hard!
Parts Town welcomes diversity and as an equal opportunity employer all qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an E-Verify employer.