Corporate Counsel- Data & Privacy
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the world’s largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners – in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it!
We are seeking a highly motivated attorney to join the Pandora legal team to work on cutting edge data issues. This position will be based in New York City and will provide legal subject matter expertise on a wide range of data and privacy matters. This role requires 3+ years of direct experience with a focus on complex data and privacy-related matters.
- Provide data and privacy subject matter expertise to cross-functional stakeholders and legal colleagues.
- Draft and negotiate in-bound and out-bound data licensing agreements with advertisers, data providers and other vendors.
- Provide guidance and negotiate data provisions contained in advertising, marketing and commercial agreements.
- Effectively negotiate data rights agreements, data protection agreements, and data provisions, including amending existing agreements in connection with evolving privacy regulations.
- Provide assistance to legal team members on advising senior leadership on data policy issues.
- Provide assistance to legal team members as well as the privacy and security teams in connection with compliance matters for data and privacy laws and regulations, including GDPR, the California Consumer Privacy Act and other data protection, data retention, data security, and data breach regulations.
- This position will report into the Senior Corporate Counsel for Sales and Commercial Transactions.
- 3+ years of direct data and privacy experience required, in-house experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements relating to in-bound and out-bound data licensing.
- Direct experience advising internal stakeholders on a wide range of data use matters.
- Experience advising on privacy and data security law and compliance efforts, including the organization and coordination of privacy assessments, corporate policies and processes.
- In-depth knowledge of cutting edge IT, web, mobile and ad-tech ecosystems and their privacy and data use implications.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal and external clients.
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
- Ability to make decisions and pivot quickly and fluidly, thinking practically and be solution-oriented.
- A practical and proactive problem-solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident, mature and calm under fire.
- Must be licensed and in good standing to practice law in New York.
- A Juris Doctorate from a nationally recognized law school is required.
- .Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or other relevant certifications preferred.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.