Senior Automation Engineer (Mobile)
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We’re looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to join Pandora’s Product/Listeners team, which is responsible for ensuring our Mobile (iOS & Android) users have the very best music experience. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of Pandora’s growing suite of products and services by acting as a champion of quality engineering & testing activities throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). You will leverage your knowledge of automated & manual software testing to influence better designs, promote best practices, bug prevention strategies, testability, and other advanced quality concepts across products.
- Mobile App Test Automation - Appium (Java) hands on technical experience, including best practices in flexibility and scalability
- Quality Experience - 6+ years of professional software QA/QE experience (with 4+ of those involving automation work)
- Tester’s Mindset - Strong testing acumen as well as the technical know-how to automate the work
- Troubleshooting - Exceptional ability to isolate & troubleshoot technical issues across the full technology stack by leveraging automated & manual testing methodologies
- Native Automation - Exposure to or hands on experience in one or more mobile platform’s native automation frameworks (preferred):
- Android - Espresso or like - (Java/Kotlin, Android Studio, Dagger 2, OkHttp, RxJava, Glide, or knowledge of common Android libraries and patterns)
- iOS - XCUI or like - (SWIFT, Xcode IDE, XCUITest framework)
- Tooling - Thorough understanding of tooling (GIT, branching/merging, build systems, CI technologies like Jenkins)
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Proven ability to see a project from start to finish, and beyond
- Demonstrated initiative and follow-through on process improvements, investigations of new technologies, and prototyping
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to provide technical mentorship to other team members
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience