Senior iOS Engineering Manager
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the world’s largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners – in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.SiriusXM.com/careers.
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery.
People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We have a fantastic opportunity for an engineering manager in our iOS development team. In this capacity you will lead many of Pandora’s iOS engineering efforts, provide vision for the future, and build a world-class team of engineers. We are looking for someone who has a track record of delivering high quality software on time and within budget while keeping things fun, agile, and dynamic.
- Lead the development of both platform- and business-driven, user-facing features
- Drive best practices including test development, code reviews, and release coordination
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, designers, and QA to ensure successful launch of features
- Assume project management and scrum master roles as needed
- Expand the existing team of engineers by recruiting and hiring top talent
- Retain current engineers with thoughtful leadership and mentoring
- Assume primary group administrative responsibilities including budget, resource, and staff planning
- Extensive experience leading a technology team that delivers on key goals while also being involved in the determination of those goals and strategic direction
- Minimum three years managing software engineers
- Minimum three years developing iOS software in Objective-C and/or Swift
- Expert-level understanding of iOS application development
- Experience with the latest iOS features and technologies
- Experience managing multiple projects comprising short and long development cycles without supervision
- Experience managing a complex mix of projects and working closely with other parts of the business to communicate and deliver against various goals
- Proven track record of delivering high quality software on schedule
- A progressive management style emphasizing openness, collaboration, and shared goals
- A preference toward being responsive and action-oriented
- Outstanding collaboration skills with a proven ability to work cross-functionally to establish and meet shared organizational goals
- Exemplary communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with cross-platform codebases spanning iOS, tvOS, watchOS, and/or macOS
- Experience working with a complex continuous integration pipeline (e.g. Jenkins)