Android Software Engineer III
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the world’s largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners – in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.SiriusXM.com/careers .
We have a terrific position available for an innovative, inspired problem solver to develop high-quality software for android devices. As a member of our device engineering team you will have the opportunity to bring the Pandora radio experience to our very large and expanding mobile customer base.You will get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. We hold ourselves to high standards, and take pride in our work. This is a great opportunity for seasoned engineers with experience in Java and Android application development.Core Requirements:You should have a good understanding of quality Java and Android application development and the associated technologies. As a member of our highly motivated team, you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility. You place a high value on automated testing and have some experience using unit testing frameworks.
- Native Android development experience of 3+ years
- Design, develop, test, and deploy Android-based solutions using common standards and frameworks
- Solid knowledge of the Android SDK and understands the fundamentals of what makes for good app design
- Experience with Kotlin and Java
- Understanding of object-oriented design (OOD) and object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Published apps in the Google Play Store
- Experience with RxJava
- Experience with Android UI design
- Experience with consumer-oriented and product-focused mobile application development
- Experience building mobile applications that utilize web-services (either HTTP based, XML-RPC, JSON or other services)
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience providing streaming media direct to consumers
- BA/BS (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field