Senior Revenue Manager
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
The Senior Revenue Manager will be a key Finance liaison for the Sales, Legal and Business Development teams in reviewing new business deals and arrangements for appropriate financial and revenue recognition considerations. The Senior Revenue Manager will also participate in the financial statement close process, ensuring revenue is calculated timely and accurately. In addition, the Senior Revenue Manager will be a key resource for maintaining and updating Pandora’s revenue policy, policies and practices around Pandora’s revenue systems and SOX policies and control requirements. This role will manage a team of 2-3 full time employees.
- Participate in the deal review process from a finance perspective for all IOs, reseller agreements, partnerships and any other revenue-generating events.
- Partner with Sales, Business Development and Legal in the Central Region to ensure that new arrangements, projects or partnerships maintain compliance with the Company’s revenue recognition policy and achieve the best interests of the Company.
- Document non-standard and judgmental contractual items in memos for review by Finance management.
- Review and maintain Pandora’s revenue policy. Continually update policy for new accounting pronouncements and developments.
- Assist in calculating revenue to be recognized on multiple element arrangements under ASC 606 guidance.
- Participate in the financial statement close process by preparing journal entries, reconciliations or other analysis as requested.
- Collaborate with external auditors to explain key new arrangements and to determine the proper accounting for the items.
- Help maintain the revenue recognition policy for changes in the business or for new product lines, and keep management updated of any new policies or projects.
- Partner with various departments to design system enhancements, process changes, and other improvements in order to achieve scalability and to support new business initiatives.
- Ensure revenue recognition processes are SOX compliant.
- Support Internal Audit.
- Assist in various initiatives and the adoption of new accounting guidance.
- Train the billing team on issues identified and share knowledge of how to avoid errors in future periods.
- Lead trainings on key revenue recognition requirements for finance partners.
- Assist with special projects needed by Management.
- Supervise junior staff as necessary.
- CPA required
- Must have significant hands on experience working with GAAP and 606 revenue recognition
- Experience with Big 4 accounting firms preferred
- Experience managing a team with multiple direct reports
- Experience in digital or radio based media highly valued
- Demonstrated success with process improvement initiatives required
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong Excel skills
- A solutions-oriented team player who enjoys a dynamic work environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines