Creative Director, Audio Creative
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the world’s largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners – in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current opening below and at www.SiriusXM.com/careers.
We have an excellent opportunity for a skilled Creative Director to join Advertising Creative Team at Pandora. This unique role will champion the science, storytelling, technology, and innovation of audio advertising, working closely with a team of creative copywriters and audio producers to create engaging work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
The focus of this role will be to partner with our agency relations team to service our sales development, and sales organizations, to help win new business and extend existing business through the power of audio creative. You will work with clients and agencies to strategically support three core questions at the forefront of the audio renaissance: Why Audio, speaking to the scientific and psychological storytelling power of the medium; Why Audio Now, addressing how technology is evolving consumer behavior into an increasingly screen-less world; and Why Audio on Pandora, amplifying the uniquely personalized sonic environment of the nation’s number one streaming audio platform. This role will direct full-scale audio advertising campaigns from concept to completion, helping to further define creative best practices and inspire the best possible experience for the Pandora listener.
Candidate must develop and foster brand relationships directly with brand owners as well as their respective media and creative agencies. Candidate must have deep CPG experience across multiple categories (e.g., home care, beauty, laundry and hair care are strongly preferred. Ability to communicate the value of audio and Pandora to clients of all levels across internal media teams and BBIC is imperative. Candidate must demonstrate daily to CPG brands that audio is vital aspect of a brand building and of brand's campaign canvas.
Our ideal candidate is a driven and inspirational creative leader who will charismatically tell the Pandora advertising story. You effectively communicate with clients and coworkers, strategically multitask, and proactively solve problems, all while meeting tight production deadlines. You make decisions confidently and quickly to support Pandora’s big-picture creative vision. You will play a crucial role in enabling our creative team to produce strategic, listener-first content for our key advertisers. The role is located in our New York office.
- Represent the audio creative narrative in market, strategically evangelizing and developing our advertising story to help key clients and agencies understand the power of audio on the Pandora platform (travel required)
- Partner closely with sales and agency leadership to foster client relationships, providing strategic creative support to develop new opportunities and optimize existing business
- Lead strategic efforts to create best-in-class advertising campaigns
- Define and develop advertising creative best practices to create compelling assets and influence client-produced efforts
- Collaborate with creative leadership to manage a creative sample library and creative narrative to provide best-in-class resources for client and internal company partners
- Partner closely with creative team to develop work from concept to completion, collaborating with copywriters, audio producers, and designers (as needed) to bring ideas to life
- Provide critical creative feedback to help shape best-in-class work
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop communication and creative workflow process
- Partner with internal leads to serve as the point-person for strategically engaging Product, Engineering, and Research to provide best-in-class support and first-to-market opportunities for key clients
- 5+ years as a senior creative lead with digital, audio, and copywriting oversight; 8+ years of overall advertising agency experience preferred
- Outstanding portfolio demonstrating best-in-class advertising work; strong copywriting work preferred, including examples in the CPG and/or Retail industries
- Audio-specific creative experience considered a plus
- Proven experience in advertising, marketing, and communications; ability to think both strategically and tactically, concept through execution
- Passionate, engaging, and inspiring speaker
- Progressive and dynamic leadership style inspiring transparency and collaboration
- Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication and analytical/qualitative skills
- Outstanding collaboration skills with a proven ability to work cross-functionally in order to establish and meet shared organizational goals
- BA/BS or relevant work experience