Overnight Shift Supervisor
PacMoore is passionately focused on growing people so we can be exceptionally good at feeding the world. This is our vision. We provide an exceptional work environment and an opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
We are excited that you are considering joining our amazing team!
- Supervises — Communicates daily production goals and expectations to systems operators, communicates with office personal to know daily production goals and priorities, assists systems operators in solving problems, holds operators accountable for their goals at the end of each day, takes attendance daily, keeps attendance point systems up-to-date. Ensures systems meet Food Safety Standards on daily bases and supervises task, checks customer work orders to ensure the production being produced matches with the customer expectations, and supervises performance in the system.
- Maintains production schedules, plans and assigns work — Works based on the production schedule, to fulfill customer requirements and produce daily shift schedules and assign work stations.
- Manages employee training — Coaches and mentors systems operators on the job tasks, attendance, performance, and food safety rules. Provides feedback on regular bases to operators and all employees under his/her supervision.
- Evaluates systems production and flow patterns— Communicates, reports and coordinates with the production manager in regards to production goals, analyzes the daily output summary data, compares actual production to target production, and makes determinations for improving production, and analyzes hiring and turnover patterns. Enters data into PacMoore’s data base collection system, and ensures data is accurate. Conducts BBS (Behavior-Base-Safety) on a weekly basis,
- Plans, coordinates and leads daily production meetings — On a shift basis and in coordination with the other systems supervisor, conducts a pre-shift meeting for the purpose of sharing safety topic of the week, previous day productivity, motivates employees, verifying minimum work standards and adjusting work assignments as necessary. Uses the following standard agenda:
- Report goal completion status, from the prior shift, and the impact on the current shift.
- Report information regarding accidents, injuries, issues and/or concerns, from the prior shift, and the impact on the current shift.
- Explain the production goals and expectations for the current shift.
- Facilitates questions and answer discussion and allow employees to share any new ideas.
- Give assignments as needed.
- Verify uniform, personal, and tool work requirements are met.
- Provides information and advises on results — Acts as the primary resource for performance and quality standards; advises on action for deviations or discrepancies; completes or assigns the corresponding documentation; consults with plant manager and recommends solutions to problems and/or ways to improve production results.
- Performs Quality Checks – Performs ATP test systems for cleanness standards after wet washes, performs allergen test, verifies metal detector performance, ensures system meet cleanness standards for Food Safety.
- Safety – Ensures employees are working in a safe environment, creates work orders to fix issues, documents and reports any safety deviation and Conducts BBS (Behavior-Base-Safety) on a weekly basis.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills. Previous supervisory experience in the Food Industry is a strong plus.
- Models consistent commitment to safety and quality standards and consistently reinforces these standards with others in his/her department.
- Able to learn PacMoore’s Food and Personal safety standards and guidelines and pass requisite tests.
- A track record of effective decision-making and problem-solving.
- Clear communication skills – ability to clearly communicate instructions verbally and complete required reports in writing, such as injury reports, employee appraisals, performance reviews, employee coaching, improvement plans, etc.
- Good coaching/training skills to be able to train and motivate employees in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to analyze report data and make recommendations.
- Works cooperatively and respectfully with managers, peers and subordinates.
- Ability to receive instructions and direction, including accepting constructive feedback.
- Has a strong sense of urgency to get machines moving and strikes to achieve safe food edible products.
- Bilingual skills a strong plus (English and Spanish).
PacMoore Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.