Corporate Safety Manager
PacMoore Products is passionately focused on growing people so we can be exceptionally good at feeding the world. This is our vision. We provide an exceptional work environment and an opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
PacMoore offers generous benefits including health, dental, vision and other voluntary coverage. We also offer paid time off after 6 months of employment.
PacMoore is currently seeking candidates for a Corporate Safety Manager, responsible for managing and developing the workplace safety function for PacMoore’s facilities (currently 3); development of programs that ensure employee safety and reduce accidents, incidents and losses.
- Creating loss prevention programs to reduce and control workplace injuries and hazards.
- Conduct accident investigations, root-cause analysis and/or gap analysis to identify the source of a safety issue and take necessary action to resolve the problem.
- Analyze safety data looking for trends and areas for improvement.
- Create action plans that address safety concerns and eliminate the issues.
- Educate employees, managers and the safety teams on new and upcoming safety issues.
- Ensuring compliance to all OSHA, state and federal laws concerning safety protection. Staying current on legal changes and safety issues relative to the position.
- Managing workers compensation claims and coordinating return to work for injured employees.
- Schedule continuous visits to locations to ensure high level of safety standards are maintained.
- Coach and mentor staff with specific safety roles to insure successful compliance.
- Conducting periodic audits at all both locations to determine level of conformance and risk. Verify the plants compliance to safety regulations and requirements.
- Developing and executing safety awareness campaigns.
- Developing and executing emergency evacuation plans – i.e. fire, inclement weather
- Administering annual safety programs such as hearing conservation, air monitoring, and forklift training.
- Train or support the annual training on safety issues such as “Right to know”, “Confined Spaces”, “First aid”, “Blood Borne Pathogens”, “CPR” and “Severe Weather and Evacuation” plans.
- Communication with all plant employees, managers. Leaders.
- Collaborates daily with safety designees at other PacMoore locations.
- Works with a culturally diverse work force
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the areas of Health & Safety, or equivalent work experience.
A minimum of 4 years of experience directly related to the duties of the position with an emphasis on company safety and OSHA state and federal law. Experience working in the manufacturing industry strongly preferred
- Must be a team-oriented individual who works well with associates at all levels throughout the organization.
- Ability to gather, analyze and evaluate data to make decisions and offer solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Available for travel between locations on ongoing basis.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
We are excited that you are considering joining our amazing team!
PacMoore Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.