Unit Manager - Freelance
The Unit Manager will work on remote location for PAC-12 Network broadcasts, reporting to the assigned Production Manager. The Unit Manager will work closely with all crew members assigned to each event, as well as PAC-12 Network personnel. The Unit Manager will manage all aspects of the on-site production including, team and venue communications, working with the Production Manager, Production Coordinator, Director, and Producer to ensure production layout and execution, tracking and managing crew, and reporting all issues involved with the production. All managers will be expected to help with any additional aspects of the show beyond just their position to promote a collaborative-team environment.
- Work with Director and Producer to implement the most efficient plan and convey to rest of the crew
- Meet the TV truck and venue contact for a safe park and power and review daily plan.
- Check in the crew and go over the daily plan, as well as safety protocols. Manage all crew’s time and responsibilities during assigned shift.
- Work with V1 to ensure that all incoming video signals are patched correctly into the production truck
- Oversee broadcast transmission with San Francisco, as well as a pre, mid, and post-day check-in
- Delegate troubleshooting as problems arise
- Assign post-event strike duties
- Ensure a clean and locked up work area
- Work with venue ops and event personnel throughout the day, act as primary onsite Television contact
- Report all incidents and daily occurrences in a Post-Show Report while also submitting time sheets to the Production Manager for payroll
- Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is important.
- Exceptional communication and listening skills are essential.
- Remaining flexible during times of change.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be willing to learn, understand and grow with the business.
- Experience working in a culturally diverse organization and supporting the values held by our unique employees, clients, sponsors, university faculty, and fans.
- Must pass SPSG online courses on Fall Prevention, Stairs and Ladders, Scaffolding, Mobile Aerial Platforms.