At the Pac-12, we love sports and technology! Join our team and you’ll get to work on innovative and creative products that drive the next generation of sports streaming at the Conference of Champions. In the coming year, Pac-12 will be one of the first sites to launch on the Drupal 9 platform. We are looking for a full stack developer with exceptional video experience, who will be responsible for the development, maintenance, and integration of applications and services aimed at a vast audience. Developers on our team have a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products. As a fully remote engineering team, our developers are self-driven, leveraging modern tools such as Hangouts & Slack to communicate. Can you take our web experience to the next level?
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of our applications & services
- Contribute to the architecture & design of our applications
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Support site operations and respond to performance issues
- Solid understanding of server-side technologies & development such as PHP, Node.js, MySQL, NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Able to display 2+ years of in-depth experience with enterprise or high-performance Drupal sites
- Experience building and consuming RESTful web services.
- Knowledge of Drupal’s key APIs
- Experience with Drupal 8
- Debugging experience in IE11+, mobile Safari, and more modern browsers.
- Familiarity with Git, terminal commands, and project ticketing systems.
- Experience integrating Adobe Pass with the Primetime Desktop TVSDK.
- Knowledge of Audio & Video Transports and Codecs (e.g., MP4, H.264, AVC, HEVC, AV1, AAC)
- Knowledge of Video Streaming using HLS and/or DASH
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Experience with Drupal 7
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Experience developing serverless applications
- Contributed to Drupal Core and/or Modules
- A creative thinker and experienced problem solver with a hunger for knowledge
- Experience with GraphQL